In July I participated in an IG challenge called #meandwhitesupremacy It was a deep dive into white privilege and how we view and interact with BIPOC. I found the work really eye-opening and it showed me where I need to do more work and places I need to heal.
Layla did an incredible thing creating this and holding space for us all over 28 days. She has now released the challenge as a workbook for free. You can find information and download the workbook on her website.
If you are interested, or have been doing work on being a good ancestor, or have been thinking about all the crazy in the world and how you can help heal and change the world, then I highly suggest you click the link and download her book. Quote below from the website on the workbook:
This workbook is for any person* who holds white privilege**.
*Any person: Meaning persons of any gender-identity, including gender non-conforming persons.
**Who holds white privilege: Meaning persons who are visually identifiable as white, white-passing or holding white privilege. Therefore this includes persons who may be biracial, mixed race, or white-passing people of colour, who benefit under systems of white supremacy from having lighter skin colour than visibly Brown, Black or Indigenous people.
This workbook is also for people who:
- Are looking for a way to begin or deepen their personal anti-racism work
- Are ready and willing to take a good, hard look in the mirror and see the ways in which they have consciously and unconsciously been upholding white supremacy
- Want to understand what ‘doing the work’ actually looks like
- Are willing to take responsibility for their complicity in white supremacy, so that they can learn how to become anti-racist
- Are more interested in being anti-racist than looking anti-racist
- Want to learn how to do less harm and become part of the change
The Me And White Supremacy Workbook is a powerful personal anti-racism tool to help you get started on that journey.